|This article applies to:||Sage ERP X3||Versions:||V6|
Description of Solution / Details
Users can’t use the same address code for every BP, because an address is proper to the BP, even if 2 BPs have the same address. In X3 an address is inevitably associated to a BP.
However, there may be different addresses for the same BP. At the creation of the BP, the user can set a list of different addresses (for each address he sets a code) and select the addresses he needs for shipment, invoice or payment.
Common data > BP’s > customers
- Address tab:
Every address code is completed by a complete address. For each code there is a Country, Postal Code, telephone and E-mail Address.
- The user can now use these codes (HO, SA ,IA) ,to choose an invoice and payment address on the financials tab:
Bill-to Customer Address code (HO)
Paying BP Customer Address code (IA)
- The user can also use a different address for the Shipment.
On Ship-to Customer tab:
Code Address code (SA) Address (shipment address)
When you create an order, you can select addresses in a list you made at the customer creation.
Sales > Orders > Orders
On Menu Address you have three options, the Order Address, the Billing Addressand the Ship-toAddress.
- For order Addressand the billing addressit’s the same procedure. You can right click on Address field, click selection, and you will directly have a window of the Customer Order Address (when you click on order address) or Customer Invoice Address (when you click on billing address). Right click again on the Address field and now choose the address you need on the customer address list you made previously.
- For ship-to-Addressit’s different. You don’t have a selection here. You will have to write by yourself the complete address.
Sales > Shipments > Shipments
On Menu Address you now have two choices, the Billing Addressand the Ship-toAddressbecause we have already done the orders.
- If you click on billing addressyou will have a window of Customer invoice address you can right click on Address field, click selection, and you will directly have the customer address list you made.
- For ship-to Addressit’s the same procedure as I explain in the orders paragraph.
Sales > Invoices > Invoices
On Menu Address you have three possibilities, the Billing Addressthe Ship-toAddress, and the Address bill-to cust.
It’s the same way as I explain earlier, but now we have a selection for Ship-to Address.
Purchase> Orders > Orders
In the controls tab:
When you filled fields Pay-to Supplier (BPSINV) and Pay-to (BPRPAY) you will automatically have the address code in the field (BPAINV ) corresponding to the supplier address code . If you want to create your purchase order, completed this field is mandatory.
Purchase> Invoices >PurchaseInvoice
You still have a mandatory field (BPRSAC) for the address code. When you completed the field supplier you will have automatically the address code (you can change it by doing a selection).
A/P-A/R Accounting > Invoicing > Customer BP Invoices
We have the field for the address code (BPAPAY). But in this case the BPAPAY field is not mandatory.
A/P-A/R Accounting > Payments > Payment / Receipt Entry
Here we have the field BPAINV too and it’s a mandatory field.
Parameters> Usage > Import/Export > Import/Export Template
When you try to import or export your invoices the address code is include to the import/export.