|This article applies to:||Sage ERP X3||Version(s):||V6|
Issue / Summary
The Sage ERP X3 Debugger trace file may prove very useful for Support teams to analyze the cause of an issue, especially when it is clearly "marked" by an error message that displays on screen in Sage ERP X3.
Description of Solution / Details
Let us suppose, for example, that an "Incompatibility of type" error is displayed when one presses the Create button on a Sales Order. Here is an example of how to run the debugger trace to locate the error:
- Run the function where you have the issue, until just before the issue occurs, as close as possible to the issue. In our example, go into the Sales Orders function, pressNew to start creating an order, fill in the necessary fields and stop there, just before you hit the Create button.
- Activate the debugger: Select menu item ? > Diagnostic help > Debugger
- Continue with your work. The Debugger screen appears
- Tick Log in the bottom of the screen and copy the directory (for example E:\Sage\Solutions\X3V6ORA\Folders\DEMOPRM\tmp\ADMIN.dbg)
- Click Line to resume the function until the error occurs (or the error message is displayed)
- When the error occurs, do NOT press OK. While the error is on screen, retrieve the log file (in our example ADMIN.dbg) and copy it somewhere safe.
- Press OK and dismiss the error.
- You can turn the debugger off by clicking ? > Diagnostic help > Toggle Debugger
- You can new view the trace file (in any neutral text editor such as UltraEdit or Notepad++ or Textpad) or send it to your Helpdesk. It will indicate precisely where the error occurs.